Every year Apple does all its best to justify the status of a tech giant who carefully cares about the data of its customers. For several years now, they have been developing new biometric authorization methods – fingerprints and Face ID.
However, there are some situations when, due to various grounds, it is impossible to exploit iPhones, for instance, because the passcode was successfully forgotten. It is life. Everything may happen. So do not worry, read further and you will find out about how to get into a locked iPhone.
Most Effective Methods of How to Break into an iPhone
If to carefully surf the Internet, you may find an extremely great number of options that describe you how to get into a locked iPhone. Unfortunately, not all of them work. We have collected for you top methods that come in handy when you need sorely to break into the iPhone.
Unlock iPhone through iCloud
After 9 incorrect attempts to enter a passcode, iOS will block a smartphone to prevent crackers from confidential data. The first way to unlock your phone lies in the usage of iCloud.
What is important here: this option works in case a user knows his Apple ID, remembers additional mail and answers to secret questions. He will also need to have stable access to the Internet through a PC or other smartphone.
Unlocking through iCloud will succeed if the “Find phone” option is enabled on your iPhone, and you have a backup.
The algorithm of actions in this situation look as following:
- Sign in to iCloud.com;
- Enter Apple ID;
- Go to “All devices” and choose the desired gadget;
- Choose the “Erase” sub-item.
The iPhone will work without a passcode, but there will be no data on it. The backup will return everything that was on the smartphone in less than half an hour. It is installed through iTunes.
Reset Incorrect Attempt Count
The method allows you to remember the password an unlimited number of times. If, after the Nth attempt, the iPhone is blocked, this is temporary. It is enough to simply reset the counter of attempts – and everything will work again.
The method of how to break an iPhone is intended for phones older than iPhone X, which do not have the ability to use Face ID to unlock.
You will need to:
- Connect the smartphone through a cord to your PC with iTunes enabled.
- Go to the “Devices” submenu and select the “Sync with” button.
- Now the counter will reset to zero. Just enter the desired combination – and the smartphone will work.
What is important here: it is not possible to reset the counter through Hard Reset! You must remember your passcode. Otherwise, the smartphone will turn into a brick. Also, you can’t connect it to someone else’s PC, because for this you need to confirm the connection. And this is impossible to do because of the locked screen.
Approach to Recovery Mode
The method is suitable for those who know their username with a password in Apple ID and want to get into a locked iPhone. Making unlock without this information with “Find the phone” turned on, it is easy to turn an iPhone into a brick. Service centers will not save him.
Algorithm of actions:
- Disconnect the smartphone and connect it to the PC.
- Launch iTunes on your computer or laptop. Click “Restore iPhone”. On devices with mac OS Catalina 10.15 and earlier, just open Finder.
- Check for updates and follow all subsequent instructions.
- On the next screen, select “Restore.” The smartphone will delete all data stored on it.
- Now you should wait until the latest firmware is installed. It remains to configure it as a new phone.
What is important here: on some iPhones after the procedure, error 3004 lights up (it was not possible to restore the iPhone). Do not worry. Everything is fixable! To fix it, just exit all browsers and set Internet Explorer by default.
If the firmware was downloaded in advance, then when you click on “Restore iPhone” in iTunes, you should clamp Shift. As a result, a window appears to enter the path to the desired file.
Unlock iPhone through Siri (two options)
To get into a locked iPhone is a common problem, but it can be solved with a voice assistant: this method works for both older Apple phones and the new iPhone XS. The bypass feature is embedded in the iOS operating system. Further, we will look at how to unlock the iPhone using Siri in two methods.
Get into a locked iPhone Through Siri: First Method
If you have forgotten the passcode from the iPhone, then to bypass the lock you should go through these steps:
- Call Siri on your iPhone.
- Ask the program what the time is now.
- Click on the “Clock” icon and go to the application with a timer and alarm clock.
- In the application, find the menu item “Select ringtone for the timer”, select the option “Buy ringtone”.
- When iTunes opens, click the “Home” icon, after which access to the phone will open.
How To Get into A locked iPhone Through Siri: Second Method
The second method shows how to unlock the iPhone through Siri, using the ability to receive incoming calls. Unlocking takes place in this sequence:
- Make a call to a locked phone and receive a call.
- When getting a call, click on the “Messages” icon and select one of them to answer.
- When pressed, a window for dialing SMS will appear.
- Activate VoiceOver service through Siri.
- Double-click on the recipient’s name input field. At the same time, click on any character on the layout, so that a nonexistent contact or an arbitrary set of characters appears in the “To” field.
- After the “To” field is unlocked, access to the data that is on the device: address book, gallery, chat, etc.
Unlock iPhone through Find My iPhone
Apple’s new products, one way or another, increase the security of the device and owner data. For example, the new Touch ID sensor on the iPhone 5S. Owners of older iPhone models also did not stand aside: in iOS 7, a new feature appeared – Activation Lock, which is activated remotely through the Find My iPhone service.
After activating it, you are able to use the device only after entering the host Apple ID. However, it turned out that this protection may be circumvented.
Of course, blocking the phone and tablet through Find My iPhone has been present in iOS for a long time, but it was in iOS 7 that it received some useful improvements.
Now you are not allowed to turn off Find My iPhone without entering an Apple ID passcode.
Also, an iPhone or iPad blocked through this service cannot be reflashed without entering an Apple ID password.
Ben Schlabs, working for the German company Security Research Labs, showed how you could get around even such protection. After the iPhone has been stolen from the alleged victim, the robber can immediately transfer the phone to Airplane mode using the Control Center directly from the locked screen. Or, in the old fashioned way, just getting a SIM card is necessary.
After that, the attackers have time to create a fake fingerprint or passcode for the device. As soon as the criminal is able to access the iPhone settings, he will be able to find out the victim’s Apple ID address. And already from apple.com order a passcode change.
Then, for a few seconds, the iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network and checks the mail. It did not take a long time to download the message confirming the password reset, and the Find My iPhone function did not work. After the attacker resets the passcode of the Apple ID of the victim, he may allow the phone to connect to the network and erase all information.
Now you just need to flash the phone through iTunes and enter the new data Apple ID and iPhone. Finally, you will successfully get into a locked iPhone.
Finally: How to Prevent iPhone Blocking
If trouble has not happened yet, then you should ascertain that no one can block the device. Even if you know about the situation, something can always happen that will dull the vigilance and make you take a rash step. Be it banal forgetfulness or crazy love.
So, in order to be safe and not fall for the trick of hackers, you need to perform some (or better all) of the conditions:
- Disable the Find Device feature. In this case, of course, there are certain risks that the smartphone cannot be blocked in case of real loss. But here it is already necessary to weigh, which is more likely. In addition, you can use special trinkets to find a smartphone.
- Find Device feature on iPhone
- Set very complex passwords to your Apple ID account and the mail to which it is registered. In this case, it will be impossible to hack the device remotely, because it is much more difficult to pick up complex passcodes.
- Use non-obvious security questions for verification. Something intimate that an outsider cannot recognize and that cannot be ascertained in simple communication.
- Try not to respond to the requests of strangers of a similar nature and teach others around it, especially children and older people. It’s easiest to cheat them.
- When buying or selling Apple devices, do not log in to someone else’s account or immediately log out from the seller’s account. You need to check this “without leaving the cash desk.”
- Even if the request to enter the Apple ID comes from the page of a loved one, you should not immediately fulfill it. You need to either call and clarify or use the WEB version of iCloud (in this case, you cannot use the MacBook because you can stay without it). Through the Internet version, you can not get the conditions for blocking.
- Not using the so-called “services” for receiving paid content is several times cheaper (or generally free) than in the AppStore.
- Do not forget to regularly check your phone with antivirus.